Thursday, March 11, 2010

Webbing

I have done alot of research including but not limited to:
  • an interview with Mr. Larry Lewis of Park River, ND on the Quality Deer Management Association in ND. (QDMA of ND)
  • Internet resources
    • I used google as the search engine and found an article on Bovine TB.  The title of the article is Deer baiting issues in Michigan and was submitted in 1999 by ehte Michigan DNR. 
  • Tim Sandstrom, FishingBuddy Outdoors, ND
  • the Midway Public School Library
Some of my questions needed to be changed a little from where I started, but I ended up where I feel things needed to be to answer the questions and to get the information I was looking for.  I have found that it is interesting how questions can be changed up a little bit, and the outcome of the answer can be totally different.  So in this paper, I am for baiting in North Dakota and I adjusted my questions so I would be able to show both sides of the product so you the reader can make your own decisions.

I have used books, websites, video, real people, interviews, and a trip to a QDMA food plot.  Yes, Lewis has his own food plot where he feeds the animals that are wintering on his land.  Currently he has about 300 animals visiting his food plot daily.  Now this is where I can see the dangers of baiting.  I have never seen this many animals visiting one place at a time, and it is something to see.  We were able to drive right up to a small "shooting shack" that he has on the land that overlooks the bait site, and some of the deer did not even leave the pile. 

I have found that in the beginning of the research portion of this paper and topic that I was a little lost not knowing where to go with the topic along with not realizing how to change my questioning techniques.  Now that I have done so, and did more research to find information that is adequate to what I need it for I have found my self more confident  with the process. 

I hope all is well, and you are all having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment