Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wiggling

When I found information that I thought that I would consider using, I actually printed out the article if I found it online, if I was watching a video online, I copied clips of the video.  I found one webpage that during the first read through of it I thought it was a great site.  Upon further reading of other sites I decided not to use this site.   As stated before there are two different perpectives to my topic, either you are for or against the baiting of the WTD.  This is very evident in most of the articles that I found online.  It was really hard to find articles from people who were for baiting, and how they thought that it was right, and how it would benefit the species.  Truthfully I didn't really use any checklists or guidelines for my information, I just started reading through different books and websites from scholarly people that were published in a credible source and then decided if this was some information that I wanted to use in my research. 

During my reading I was looking for different diseases that were prominent in the WTD, I did find that there were four diseases that really affected the WTD.  The diseases are Chronic Wasting Disease, Bovine TB, Blue Tounge, and Hemorrhagic disease.  These are the four main diseases that the WTD would be infected with, and 100% of the time are fatal. 

Blue Tounge and Hemorrhagic disease are very comparable to the EBOLA VIRUS in humans.  Now this is something that even I would not wish upon an animal.  Both of these diseases are caused by the cilicodes sennorensis midge (a little bug), and the last outbreaks of these diseases were in 1999, and 2002.  These outbreaks were not confined to certain areas of the United States, rather they traveled depending on where the midge was carried. 

With the more reading I am doing, I understand the different reasons of why people want to outlaw baiting, even I am thinking that baiting is not the best practice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment