Saturday, March 13, 2010

Personal Connection

Before I started all of my research on this topic, I was for baiting 100%.  However over the last two months my views may have changed a little, I would like to think that I am 50/50 on the topic now, I am able to see both sides and why it is nice, along with why it could be bad.  Having to go through and see some of the pictures that I have looked at in the last two months of dead animals, or dying animals were not pleasant, and gave me some more respect for the animals.  I also found out during this time that it is possible for an animal to eat too much of a good thing, fawns or yearling animals if they eat 2 quarts or a coffee can full of corn or grain at a given time they can get what is called grain overloading.  This happens alot around elevators where the elevator is forced to put grain or corn on the ground for storage, and animals can die by the dozens depending on how many animals are visiting the "baiting" site. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting reflection Jeremy. I wonder how many other hunters would feel the same way if they too did a project similar to yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing that there probably would not be many.. Too many people around ehre have their vies, and they are stuck on them. It is kind of sad that most people don't see the larger picture!

    ReplyDelete